So, my first thought was:
That would be eeeasssy as eating a banana!
So I went to the server manager and I ran feature installation from there, and there was a little surprise:
Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed.
The source files could not be found. Try installing the roles, role services, or features again in a new Add Roles and Features Wizard session, and on the Confirmation page of the wizard, click “Specify an alternate source path” to specify a valid location of the source files that are required for the installation. The location must be accessible by the computer account of the destination server.
I have downloaded that NDPFixit-KB3005628-X64.exe file, double click on that, CMD window appeared for like a second and disappeared- that was quick!
Tried to run installation one more time – same error…
So firstly I ran a command:
dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:D:\sources\sxs
That went good, but said I need to enable those features separately – no problemo!
So I have read deeper and actually there was a switch that was needed to be there in the command, the proper one should be:
dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
So I was missing “/LimitAccess” switch, what MSDN is telling under:
BTW. I was installing Sharepoint 2013 application on W2k12 later and encountered similar error, so command that worked there was:
dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:D:\sources\sxs /All /norestart
So, being honest I am not sure what is all about /LimitAccess why it was not working for me previously.
After that, I saw that .net 3.5 feature appeared in the installed features: