[SOLVED] Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0…

Couple of days ago I’ve decided to get to know more with Lync 2013 SDK.

The purpose is to use it for monitoring, anyway, I was trying to install that on one of my servers, so I have installed .NET 4.5 and Lync SDK as well as Visual Sudio 2012. I was using http://blogs.technet.com/b/csps/archive/2011/05/05/sendim.aspx as a guide.

I have even remembered about registering DLL with regsvr32 Microsoft.Lync.Model.DLL

After successful installation I was all happy to send my first IM message with Powershell.

How deep was my sadness when I received message saying that:

Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Windows.Browser, Version=2.0.5.0…

So my first thought was about the error I was receiving during registering of the DLL:

The module “.\Microsoft.Lync.Model.dll” was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegistetrServer was not found.

regsvr32_MicrosoftLyncModelDll

But if believing the message, despite of the error, DLL library has been loaded.

I thought it was the case of Windows Server 2012 I was using for that, so I have tried the same on 2008 – same situation.

And the last thought came to my mind in the evening that day…

Definitely that error message was not in relation to only Lync SDK but to some standard .NET classes, I realized there was one message when installing Visual Studio 2012:

VisualStudio2012_IE10

…..

zoidberg1

So the message was only telling about “working in the best way” with IE10. But still, worth trying.

After upgrading the IE to version 10 I was able to successfully import Lync Model module to Powershell session:

importmodule_lyncModelDll

And of course was able to send my first IM in Lync over my beloved Powershell!!!

Advertisements

[SOLVED] Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server and Lync Server 2013 database backup.

Lately I was trying to make backup of Lync Server 2013 databases with Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server.

Tivoli client in version 5.5.6.0-TIV-TSMSQL-WinX64.exe installed correctly. Lync Server 2013 installs 3 instances on the server, those instances’ names are: RTC, RTCLOCAL and LYNCLOCAL.

To none of them I couldn’t connect with TSM DP. I was trying many configurations in tdpsql.cfg file, but no luck. As I was inputting as FROMSQLserver and SQLserver the I got error ACO5424E.

About which we can find here that is the name problem, so after running “select @@server” it returned me “\RTC”. After inputting it in the configuration file not much has changed, because I was receiving ACO5422E which seems to be findable in the Internet, but my error was 0x80130151 which gives us 0 entries in uncle google.

The first thought was – “I bet it is the version failure”. So I installed version 6.3.1.0-TIV-TSMSQL-Win.exe, before I had to install some of the Visual Studio 2010 prerequisites. But, as I opened it, and went to “Protect and Recover Data” there was nothing… a desert of nothingness…

So another hour of modifying config files and the idea of returning the the previous version appeared. So I have uninstalled the new one, and installed the 5.5.6.0 version. And… guess what 🙂 the client has connected correctly! It may have been the lack of that Visual Studio 2010 components, the new client may also have repaired some configuration files (but AFAIK there are only 3 which were ok).