“Mailbox size exceeds target quota 2.3 GB” when moving the mailbox between databases / servers.

When receiving such error please check you quota on mailboxdatabase:

[PS] D:\Exchange Server\V15\Bin>Get-MailboxDatabase | fl

RunspaceId : 5aa6941c-eadf-4c8e-b9fb-8163b7426622
JournalRecipient :
MailboxRetention : 30.00:00:00
OfflineAddressBook :
OriginalDatabase :
PublicFolderDatabase :
ProhibitSendReceiveQuota : <strong>2.3 GB</strong> (2,469,396,480 bytes)
ProhibitSendQuota : 2 GB (2,147,483,648 bytes)
RecoverableItemsQuota : 30 GB (32,212,254,720 bytes)
RecoverableItemsWarningQuota : 20 GB (21,474,836,480 bytes)

Set it up ou to your needs, in my case this database will be hosted only to export mailboxes to PST files:

 Get-MailboxDatabase WROMR0-DB001 | Set-MailboxDatabase -ProhibitSendReceiveQuota 120GB -ProhibitSendQuota 120GB 
Advertisements

Exchange 2016, owa/auth.owa and error 500 on ECP.

I was receiving error 500 and website was landing on owa/auth.owa on my Exchange 2016 server.

Interesting thing was – that happened to all admins but me  – who installed the server.

I found this blog post:

https://blog.ollischer.com/exchange-2016-http-error-500-after-logging-into-ecpowa

I’ve done all the steps, I ran UpdateCas.ps1 – that didn’t help, so I ran multiple commands that Alexander proposed – unfortunately that didn’t help out as well, additionally now I was getting popup asking me for to log in instead of nice Exchange website.

So I thought at least I will get back to the settings I had – removed Windows authentication and enabled form based authentication on ECP and OWA virtual directories, so basically I went back to previous settings:

Get-owaVirtualDirectory "\owa (Default Web Site)" | Set-owaVirtualDirectory -FormsAuthentication $true -BasicAuthentication $true -WindowsAuthentication $false

Get-ecpVirtualDirectory "\owa (Default Web Site)" | Set-ecpVirtualDirectory -FormsAuthentication $true -BasicAuthentication $true -WindowsAuthentication $false

Done iisreset, and once again wanted to see my error, I refreshed the page on the test user I made aaaaaaannndd… it was all working well.

A mystery…

Scooby-gang