Lately I was trying to make backup of Lync Server 2013 databases with Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server.
Tivoli client in version 18.104.22.168-TIV-TSMSQL-WinX64.exe installed correctly. Lync Server 2013 installs 3 instances on the server, those instances’ names are: RTC, RTCLOCAL and LYNCLOCAL.
To none of them I couldn’t connect with TSM DP. I was trying many configurations in tdpsql.cfg file, but no luck. As I was inputting as FROMSQLserver and SQLserver the I got error ACO5424E.
About which we can find here that is the name problem, so after running “select @@server” it returned me “\RTC”. After inputting it in the configuration file not much has changed, because I was receiving ACO5422E which seems to be findable in the Internet, but my error was 0x80130151 which gives us 0 entries in uncle google.
The first thought was – “I bet it is the version failure”. So I installed version 22.214.171.124-TIV-TSMSQL-Win.exe, before I had to install some of the Visual Studio 2010 prerequisites. But, as I opened it, and went to “Protect and Recover Data” there was nothing… a desert of nothingness…
So another hour of modifying config files and the idea of returning the the previous version appeared. So I have uninstalled the new one, and installed the 126.96.36.199 version. And… guess what 🙂 the client has connected correctly! It may have been the lack of that Visual Studio 2010 components, the new client may also have repaired some configuration files (but AFAIK there are only 3 which were ok).